Monday, December 21, 2009

Birthday Girl!

My week has been crazy (well, extra crazy) so I'm just now getting around to writing about the birthday girl. (10 hours after writing that part of this post, I'm going to try to finish it!) We had fun today making gingerbread houses at a friend's house. There were a ton of kids, and tons of candy- but I think the boys had fun. Now they're just begging to eat the house we made!

As I'm sure you all know, Megan turned 1 last Thursday. I have been surprisingly okay with that! :) It helps that she's such a little peanut, so she still seems small. She's 18 1/2 pounds and I think 27 1/2 inches. (Daniel weighed that much at 4 months!!) She can stand by herself now, and it seems like she might start walking any day. She's a little hesitant though.





We had her party a week before her birthday, so on her actual birthday, we just celebrated it at home. We had pizza for dinner, she got a cupcake (which she actually ate, unlike at her party!), and she opened her present.





As a combined birthday/Christmas present, she got a play kitchen. She & the boys love it!! Here she is opening up a basket of play food.

5 comments:

Janice said...

She is so precious. How cool is the kitchen!!! If we ever get to buy a house I hope to get one for the girls.

Dave Allen said...

Cute kid!

tscarter7 said...

We had a play kitchen for a loooong time! the kids just loved it. I so wanted to just keep it for visiting little ones but you know, you can't keep everything! :)

HebertFam3 said...

I can't believe she's already one! Oh how time flies! She's adorable as ever! And yes, she's so little! Keegan is 4 months and 17 lbs 3 ozs. lol. They could nearly wear the same size. lol.

Samantha Edwards said...

Oh she is so precious!!