I just wanted to post about the importance of 5 point harness carseats. I know a lot of people move their kids to a booster seat after they've outgrown their convertable seat, around 40 pounds or so. I don't know why the government says it's okay to go to a booster after that, when a 5 point harness is clearly safer. Supposedly Jonathan can use a booster even, but there's no chance I would let him. Daniel, at age 5 1/2 and 50 pounds is still in a 5 point harness even. I plan to keep the harness on until he reaches the weight limit (which is 65 pounds with our seat). After the 65 pound limit, it can be used as a regular booster until 100 pounds. What a bargain!
Here's the seat we have (for both boys)- I love it. It's called the Apex 65. I got it online (at http://www.albeebaby.com/), but I've seen it other places as well, including Babies R Us. Ooh, I just noticed that Amazon has it for $119- a great price for what you get. http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Apex-Booster-Lamont/dp/B001FB5BGQ/ref=pd_sbs_t_1

I just felt like sharing this after watching this video on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azgBhZfcqaQ
Here's another one, from a Good Morning America clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pDnBO76RFM&feature=related
Thanks for listening. I felt this was too important not to share.

4 comments:
Preach it!
Thank you Michelle, We moved Colton to a booster. But I'm moving him back to the car seat. We have built in car seats, I'm going to find out how well they hold up in an accident.
Amen, Michelle! When my two were younger I sometimes thought they would NEVER get out of the car seats but I always put their safety first before convenience etc. You rock!
I agree 100%. I am very much a carseat snob!!! My children's safety is more important than convience. Keegan is still in a 5 point harness at 5 years and 37 lbs. His seat goes up to 80 lbs and then is a booster over 100 lbs. We have only ever had Britax seats (besides our Peg Perego infant carrier). Truitt will be getting the same seat Keegan has later this year.
Post a Comment