I thought I'd share two of my favorite recipes. They're both ones I've made dozens of times. They're easy, inexpensive, kid-friendly, and delicious! And not too bad for you.
The first one is called Turkey Tetrazzini. It's from the Taste of Home magazine. Here's the link to it on their website: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Turkey-Tetrazzini-3 My comments about the recipe: I often use chicken instead of turkey, make sure you use a whisk when mixing the wet ingredients, and most the time I skip the onion & pimientos.
The other one is called Hamburger Stroganoff.
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup. sour cream
Cooked noodles
Brown ground beef & onions; drain. Stir in soup, milk, butter, salt & pepper; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Heat through. Mix with hot noodles.
It's delicious! I've also learned recently that it can be frozen. What I did was make it as written, but stop before putting in the sour cream (because it doesn't freeze well). Freeze the mixture in a ziploc bag. When you're ready to use it, thaw, heat in a saucepan, then add the sour cream once it's hot. Add to noodles, and voila! Dinner in like 5 minutes! (plus time to cook the noodles, but that's easy)
Let me know if you have any questions about these recipes! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment