Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 fun recommendations

I wanted to share 2 things that we got Daniel for his birthday that we really like. One is this book, called "See Inside Your Body." It's so neat! It's a flap book, so you can lift the flaps and see what's in your body. The other day Dave was asking Daniel if he knew what your ribs were for, and he told him they protect your diaphragm & your heart! He learned that by himself from reading this book.





http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Your-Body-Katie-Daynes/dp/079451233X/ref=pd_sxp_f_i/105-8527592-2401217





The other thing is called a Live Butterfly Garden.




http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000ISC5/ref=ox_ya_os_product

In the box is this mesh tent thing, instructions, and a coupon to redeem for 5 caterpillars & food. You pay $3 for shipping- we got the caterpillars in about a week. I'm going to write a whole post about this once ours have turned into butterflies. It is so cool!! I think I'm enjoying it as much as (if not more than) Daniel. Just this morning ours have started the process of turning into cocoons. I can't wait! :) I've never seen that happen before.

In unrelated random news- this is my 100th post! :)

2 comments:

God Made Playdough said...

Why would you do that to your poor children?! :) I'm not coming over to your house for the next month or so! :) Rylie wants one too. :(

Bob said...

I think everyone who reads this blog ought to send a set of the butterfly kit to Rylie Woods - I think she would love that. I think Ryan might too.

Bob Allen