Thursday, July 30, 2009

5 year check-up

Daniel had his yearly check-up yesterday. It was about a month late since we just had to change insurance. We have Group Health now & had to see a new doctor. The office isn't too far from here, and the doctor & the facility seem nice.

As expected, the doctor said that he is totally healthy & developing wonderfully. He weighs 49 1/2 pounds (91st percentile) and is 47" tall (98th percentile!). So he is perfectly proportioned, just more like the size of an average 6 (or so) year old! What shocked me about the appointment was that 1) all 3 kids cooperated (I was expecting a nightmare since it was just going to be me & the kids), and 2) Daniel didn't fight any of the exam. Normally he throws a fit & doesn't like to do things like step on the scale, let the doctor touch him, or (gasp!) take his shirt off! But he did that all without a protest! :) Lucky me gets to take all 3 kids back next month for Jonathan's 3 year check-up, then the following month for Megan's 9 month check-up. I miss Dave having a weekday off, because normally I would do all appointments on that day. But at the same time, I really like him having Saturdays off now.

Well that's enough for now. Time to get some more things done since all 3 kids are asleep. :)

No comments: