1. Daniel started swimming lessons 2 weeks ago. None of our kids have ever taken lessons (we hardly are in a pool), but we figured that we should probably start before it got too late. There's a pool in Tacoma about 5 minutes from our house. You sign up for lessons a month at a time, and his lessons are Saturday mornings from 10:30-11. He was excited for his first lesson, but after realizing that the teacher wanted to make him put his face under water & he couldn't just play, he didn't like it so much. LOL We went swimming as a family last week to give him some more practice, and the next lesson went better. I think next month I'll have Jonathan do the lessons too. Here's Megan with her new swimsuit.

2. Sort of related to the swimming lessons- today I made reservations for us to go to the Great Wolf Lodge next month! We've never been there before, but I've heard tons of good things about it. We're trying to get the kids used to water before we go spend 2 days in a waterpark! I can't wait!
3. (Not terribly interesting, but still something new & exciting to me...) Yesterday we got a desk for the boys' room. Stuff got moved in their room last week, and I realized that if we got rid of a few things, we would have room for a desk. Dave assembled it yesterday afternoon. I love it!! It is SOOO nice for homeschooling! :) Here's what it looks like.

1 comment:
I love the desk! :)
Talk to Sarah and Allan about Great Wolf...they went and loved it! You will have a blast I'm sure!
Post a Comment