Yeast Rolls
2/3 cup water
3 T. margarine
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 pkg. yeast
1 egg, beaten
2 cups flour
1. Heat water to 120-130º; pour into a mixing bowl. Stir in margarine, salt, and sugar. Once margarine is melted, stir in yeast and egg. Next stir in the flour. Mixture will be gooey. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare the work surface by dusting with flour. Dump the dough onto surface, dusting with more flour as necessary. Pat into a circle, then cut into 12 wedges. Form into balls, and place on a lightly greased baking dish. Rise for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
3. Bake at 400º for 12 minutes. Serve immediately. (From start to finish, the recipe takes just under 2 hours)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My notes- for a good warm place to rise, I turn on my oven for about a minute, then turn it off. Then it's nice & warm and ready for the dough. I use 1 cup each regular & whole wheat flour. For a great nonstick surface to make these rolls on, I use the Pampered Chef Pastry Mat (I still need to shake a good bit of flour on it because the dough is so sticky). It makes this job so much easier!


1 comment:
So soft and delicious...
Post a Comment