Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ups & downs...

My days are so busy that I feel guilty spending more time on the computer... hence the lack of posts here. There is always something more worthy that I should be doing. But now, it's 12:25 am, and I might as well write a quick post before heading off to bed.

I have had many ups & downs the past few weeks. To recap, the good: I became an aunt on Sunday (2/28), Dave's job is going well and he got 2 bonuses recently, we got an awesome fence built in the backyard, and just my everyday blessings of having a loving husband and 3 adorable children. The bad: Megan swallowing my earrings and having to take her to the doctor for an x-ray (which proved that yes they were in her stomach; thankfully they were out of her system within 2 days), Daniel choking on a grape, and now my friend/classmate being killed. Like I said, ups & downs. Monday I met my baby nephew Noah, then the next day I went to my friend's memorial service. Whew... what a week.

About my friend, Jenny. I'm sure everyone reading this has heard about what happened. Here's one article about her & the memorial service yesterday. It's one of the better articles I've read, because it talks about what was most important to her. http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/03/1093608/teacher-demonstrated-love.html

I went to school with her at SPU, and worked in the cafeteria with her. That means I also was acquaintences with the man who shot her, since he also worked with us. I am still so shocked at what happened. I seriously could not think of a nicer person than Jenny. She was so friendly, cheerful, loving, and had a smile that could light up a room. The most important thing to her was her relationship with God. I could see, practically, how she lived that out. I really want to try to be more like her. Friday the kids and I brought some cards & things to her school where there was a memorial started. There were tons of news people there, and they talked to me since I knew her. Here's one of the clips that was on TV.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/Friends-and-family-remembers-Jennifer-Paulson-85595852.html

Well, I better get off to bed. I'll try to post a happier post soon, like more on my cute nephew! :)

1 comment:

Dave Allen said...

I, for one, am impressed that you didn't have any kind of breakdown during all this. Hopefully life will get a little less... interesting for a while. Love you!