Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A good night's sleep!!

Megan and I just had the best night of sleep in the 6 weeks since she's been here!!! :) For point of reference: every night I had spent at least half the night sleeping with her on the couch, normally she sleeps about 3 hours at a time. Occasionally it would be 4 hours. Well here's how last night went:

Put her in her crib at 8:45; she went right to sleep. (exciting because normally she's not down until later which gave me my evening free)
I went to bed at 10:15.
Megan woke up at 2:45- that's 6 hours!!! (and 4 1/2 for me, which is a lot)
I fed her, and put her back in the crib (for the first time- instead of on me) at 3:45
She woke up at 7:45- so 4 more hours!

So not only did Megan (and I) get the most sleep we've had yet, it was my first time sleeping all night in my own bed!

I know this might not be too exciting to those who don't have kids, but I'm sure all who have can share in my excitement! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I can totally relate...I have been enjoying at least 8 solid hours of sleep each night for the last 3 weeks. Its wonderful because Grace didnt sleep through the night until she was 9 or 10 months and still wakes at least once a week and needs milk to go back down.
Im so happy for you, sleep is priceless!

Janice said...

I am so happy for you. I can't wait for that night. This morning at 5, I woke Rob and told him I couldn't get up at 6 this time to make his coffee and lunch I was too tired. Alainna was up all night and so was Lizzy.

Jessica said...

Yay, I am so glad she is doing good!!